Have you ever looked down for one second and then when you looked back up again it was December 8th? Well, I have. I hate how cliche it is, but life just moves so crazy fast. A lot has been going on the past few weeks and I’ve just been kind of distracted by it all, but I miss you guys! So I’m back.
Before I get to the meat of this post, I need to tell you about a new friend of mine. I’ve talked before about my love for creative reuse, but it has been multiplied by a million by the finding of this little friend. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get over how cute he is! I haven’t even decided on a name for him yet because nothing seems to capture how precious he is. He’s watching me write now and I love it.
As you may or may not know, one of my goals for this blog is to provide ways of living a more frugal life. Now, we’re not talking cheap or stingy here. Think of it as putting in a touch more effort to come out with a new, less expensive way of doing things. Simple as that! I love the opportunity this provides to exercise those creative bones in our bodies.
As you may also know, one of my favorite ways of putting this idea into practice is with gift giving. Often times, gift giving doesn’t get a spot in the monthly budget, so it helps to be able draw on your creativity and thrifty skills to come up with a present that can be so much more meaningful than one that was brought home from the mall.
Over the course of this week, I will be sharing some of my favorite DIY christmas gift for the men, women, and children on your list! The fact that they’re handmade may also help with the fact that these posts will be coming at you sorta last minute before Christmas… oopsie!
First up, the men!
1. This awesome looking flannel throw from Let’s Go Sunning because who doesn’t want a stylish warm blanket!
2. Super easy hanging belt rack! Compliments of Martha Stewart
3. I think these handmade dominoes are the cutest, from Thistlewood Farms
4. I love the way this handpainted tie looks! What a great, simple idea from Momtastic
5. How cool are these handmade leather handles for a guy’s tools from the mind of The Merry Thought
6. How many men do you know caught in girly aprons in the kitchen?? Well you’ll soon know zero with this trendy diy man’s apron brought to you by lovely indeed
7. Super simple, super handy, super last-minute-friendly meat rubs. Recipes on Recipe.com
8. Nuts and bolts chess set! What a wonderful unique yet useful gift, found here
9. Trendy laptop sleeves don’t need to cost a fortune! Such a cool, simple design from Sweet Verbena
10. Last but certainly not least (in fact, it’s one of my favorites from this list) this monogrammed tie clip. So simplistic! Also, if you don’t have the materials you can find some on etsy! Tutorial here by Wholly Kao